Disability Support Worker
Job no: 497630
Work type: Part Time Permanent
Location: Nunawading, Vic
Categories: Support Worker
Disability Support Worker – Accommodation Services
At Scope, we see the person
This is not just for our customers, but also for our people. That’s why we’re seeking people like you. People who can support every one of our customers to live as equal and empowered citizens.
Scope is one of Australia’s largest providers of disability support services. We have over 70 years’ experience supporting people with physical, intellectual, and multiple disability and developmental delays across our supported independent living, short-term accommodation and assistance services as well as our Day and Lifestyle Options.
What sets us apart is the ‘Scope Approach’ – which guides both our customer and employee experience.
See the person
If at any time you require us to adjust our recruitment process to meet your individual needs please email email@example.com
- Commitment to family and person centred approaches, supporting inclusion and participation
- Ability to build and manage friendly relationships within a team environment
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Support the values and behaviours that are important to the successful operation of Scope's business; the Scope Approach.
- Ability to work 50hrs to 52 hrs per fortnight.
- Ability to work various shift types, including morning, afternoon, evening, and sleepover.
Do it together
To recognise the contribution, you make to the lives of our customer, we offer a competitive remuneration package that includes options for:
- Salary Packaging (up to $15,900 per year tax free in addition to your standard tax-free threshold for salary)
- Purchased Leave Scheme (gives you the opportunity to purchase up to four weeks additional leave on top of your existing four-week Annual Leave entitlement)
- Employee Assistance Program (free confidential support and advice for workplace and personal issues)
Do it right
To be successful in this role you must have or be willing to obtain:
- NDIS Worker Screening Check Clearance and Working with Children's Check (Employee)
- Current Level 1 First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Valid Australian Working Rights and an International Police Check if you have lived or worked overseas for more than one (1) year within the last ten years
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination in accordance with Government Health advice.
Do it better
At Scope, we pride ourselves on collaborating with our people. We’re dedicated to your continuous training and development as we are continuing to expand, not only within Victoria but also across Australia.
Your journey will commence with a paid, thorough orientation and you have the opportunity for a diverse career pathway. We have a team committed to helping you nurture your potential and grow your career with our training and development programs.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend