Job no: 497352
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Belmont, Vic, Grovedale, Vic, Highton, Vic, Footscray, Vic, Moonee Ponds, Vic, St.Albans, Vic, Keilor Downs, Vic, Melton, Vic
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About The Role
Scope has an exciting and unique opportunity for a Floating Coordinator to support the Supported Independent Living houses within the West Division. This is the perfect role for someone with vast experience in disability service, looking for the next step in their career.
- Confidently provide managing/mentoring, development and proving leadership to a team in order to provide flexible services which meet the individual needs of the people we support
- Get involved with how we will deliver services in the future
- Develop and monitor the operational budget + facilitate change, and drive continuous improvement
- Get talking! Liaise and meet with community groups, people we support and their families to work towards meeting individual goals and outcomes
- Be involved with recruiting staff that match your service, your team and most importantly the people we support
- Manage OH&S where you and your team deliver services to continue to ensure that Scope always provides a safe and happy workplace for all
- Whilst managing your team you will still be getting hands on and provide direct support
- Be involved in on call support (on a rotating roster with peers) on weekends and available for support with your services outside of hours during the week (not onerous requirements)
- You will have a passion to support people living with a disability in an inclusive way which meets the individual needs of each person at your services
- Be an effective communicator with proven experience in managing a diverse team and knowledge of the community sector
- Strategic in your thinking about how to improve your service and contribute to divisional and organisational changes that positively impact your services
- You appreciate change and work well in leading a team through an ever- changing environment
- Experience within the disability field is highly desirable
- Related training and/or qualifications is definitely a bonus!
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging and purchased annual leave scheme. You will also get the unique chance to work in a sector that is seeing the biggest social reform since the introduction of Medicare.
Take your career on a journey with Scope and work proactively with us to achieve our mission!
Please direct enquiries to Katherine Hamblyn at email@example.com
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to hold a NDIS Worker Screening Check Clearance a Working with Children Check and a COVID-19 digital certificate. If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now