Job no: 497241
Work type: Full Time Permanent, Part Time Permanent
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review's Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About The Role
We provide therapy to customers with a wide range of diagnoses including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Global Developmental Delay, Cerebral Palsy and Intellectual Disability.
In this role you will:
- Deliver goal directed therapy to children, young people and adults who are experiencing learning, language, sensory, intellectual, physical and cognitive difficulties
- Undertake functional skill assessments, home assessments
- Prescribe equipment for children and adults
- Provide services that build on customer’s strengths and develop sustainable long-term solutions.
- Provide evidence-based interventions
- Emphasize parent, teacher and carer education to nurture change
- Collaborate with a dynamic team of speech pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists and to provide holistic customer care
- Work within a range of funding models, including NDIS
- You truly believe in our mission to enable each person we support to live as an equal and empowered citizen
- You are an experienced clinician and have relevant experience in disability and/or community services
- You are committed to family and person-centered approaches, supporting inclusion and participation
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- You are eligible to hold a valid Medicare Provider Number
- You have the relevant experience as outlined in the Position Description
- You are available to work flexible hours and be prepared to schedule some of your 7.6 hour working days to meet the needs of our after-school therapy appointments.
You will have access to:
- Salary packaging + competitive remuneration in line with our Enterprise Agreement (EA)
- Positive team culture and opportunity to work in a dynamic, multidisciplinary team environment
- Flexible work conditions
- Access to Scope’s broader therapy network providing opportunities mentoring program and specialist supervision
- Your own resources including Desktop PC, iPhone and iPad for work use
- Informal and formal professional development opportunities
- Travel allowance or access to pool cars for community appointments
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- Current Driver’s License and your own vehicle
- Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
- Registered with AHPRA
- NDIS Worker Screening Check Clearance
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly team environment. You will also get the unique chance to work for a highly respected organisation that is seeing the biggest change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS.
Please direct enquiries to Marie Byrne, Team Leader on 0457 763 135 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend