Disability Support Worker - Barwon and Great South Coast
Job no: 497065
Work type: Casual
Location: Batesford, Vic, Bell Park, Vic, Bell Post Hill, Vic, Geelong West, Vic, Hamlyn Heights, Vic, Leopold, Vic, Marshall, Vic, Newcomb, Vic, Norlane, Vic, Highton, Vic, Hamilton, Vic, Portland, Vic, Warrnambool, Vic, Colac, Vic, Geelong, Vic
Categories: Support Worker
Yes, we are still recruiting! The health and well being of our current and prospective employees is important to us. As a part of our efforts to minimise and control the spread of COVID-19, we have made some adjustments to our recruitment process to eliminate any face to face contact.
People living with Disability need our support during this difficult time and beyond, we encourage you to submit your application. Our team are happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals.
Home@Scope is a subsidiary of Scope, providing Supported Independent Living (SIL) and Short Term Accommodation and Assistance (STAA) services previously provided by the Victorian Government. When working for Home@Scope you are employed by the Victorian Government to provide support within Home@Scope services.
About The Role
As a Disability Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. You will provide assistance with all aspects of daily living including meals, personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities. This is a hands-on role, suitable for active individuals who can perform manual handling duties.
This role is specifically for our RTO partner Cert IV graduates.
To be successful in this role, our mission and Scope approach will resonate with you and inspire you. Through your work, personal life and own behaviours you will demonstrate the following:
- Comfortable working with people with a range of disabilities
- Commitment to family and person centred approaches, supporting inclusion and participation
- Ability to build and manage friendly relationships within a team environment
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Availability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week across multiple sites and shift types, including early morning (6.30am-9.30am), afternoon, evening, weekends, sleepovers and active nights
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- NDIS Workers Screening Clearance
- International Police Check if you have lived or worked overseas for more than one (1) year within the last ten years
- Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
- Current Level 2 First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Australian Residency Status or valid Australian Working Rights
- Certificate IV in Disability
Home@Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly team environment. You will also get the unique chance to work for a highly respected organisation that is seeing the biggest change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS.
If your application is shortlisted you MUST be available to attend a virtual interview, and if you progress to the next stage; an online Pre-Employment Program.
Take your career on a journey with Home@Scope and work proactively with us to achieve our mission!
By submitting a job application, prospective applicants are consenting to their details being checked against the Department of Health & Human Services, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme List.
The Scope Approach is Scope’s ‘way of life’. It sets the standard for the way we work every day. To achieve our mission, we must always ‘See the person, Do it together, Do it right and Do it better’.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now