Accessible Information Writer
Job no: 496534
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Categories: Communication & Inclusion Resource Centre (CIRC)
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review's Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About The Role
Scope has an exciting and unique opportunity for an Accessible Information Writer to work within our Access services.
You will be responsible for:
- Project management of everyday customer work from initial enquiry to delivery of final files
- Translating complex written information into Easy English and plain language, in-line with our best-practice standards
- Directing appropriate image selection for Easy English documents, including some image work
- Developing written content for various mediums including website, brochures, training materials, reports, articles and grant applications
- Providing information, advice and consultancy to internal and external customers
- Updating and implementing processes to provide customers with a responsive and professional service
- Managing external relationships with service providers (e.g. proofer, consumer testers and freelancers)
- Conduct consumer testing sessions and provide support as required
- Delivering training sessions (online and face-to-face), including potential interstate travel.
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in writing, editing or communications field
- Demonstrated experience in the production of quality communications that meet the needs of identified audiences
- Experience, or an interest in, delivering training
- Experience working or volunteering with people with disability.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Has demonstrated proficiency in MS Office programs and Adobe InDesign
- Delivers a high standard of customer service
- Has a positive attitude and works well in a team environment
- Develops strong relationships with external stakeholders
- Has a passion to support the rights of people with disabilities
- Has excellent time-management skills
- Is driven to improve and grow the service
- Can work independently
- Has strong attention-to-detail
- Has a high level of accountability
- Embraces an ever-changing, fast-paced work environment.
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging and purchased annual leave scheme. You will also get the unique chance to work in a sector that is seeing the biggest social reform since the introduction of Medicare.
Take your career on a journey with Scope and work proactively with us to achieve our mission!
Please direct enquiries to Caroline Livanos via email@example.com
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to hold a NDIS Clearance Check and a Working with Children Check and a Police Check. If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend