Speech Pathologist (Paediatric - Grade 1) Geelong
Job no: 496233
Work type: Full Time Permanent, Part Time Permanent
Location: Geelong, Glenroy, Werribee, Melton
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly team environment. You will also get the unique chance to work for a highly respected organisation that is seeing the biggest change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS.
About The Role
Scope Barwon team provide therapy to customers with a wide range of diagnoses including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Global Developmental Delay, Cerebral Palsy and Intellectual Disability. You will be delivering services in our clinics and some community settings. Full and part time positions available. We support our customers in the following areas:
- Key Worker support
- Speech and Language assessments
- play based therapy
- specific speech / language intervention
- social skills intervention
- dysphagia assessment and management
- Functional communication skills
- Dysphagia assessment and management
In this role you will:
- Deliver Early Childhood Early Intervention to children and their families 0 -7 using a key worker approach
- Deliver goal directed therapy to young people and some adults who are experiencing learning, language, sensory, intellectual, physical and cognitive difficulties
- Provide services that build on customer’s strengths and develop sustainable long-term solutions.
- Provide evidence-based interventions
- Emphasize parent, teacher and carer education to nurture change
- Collaborate with a dynamic team of Speech Pathologists, Physiotherapists, and Occupational Therapists to provide holistic customer care
- Work within a range of funding models, including NDIS
- Salary packaging + competitive remuneration in line with our Enterprise Agreement (EA)
- Positive team culture and opportunity to work in a dynamic, multidisciplinary team environment
- Access to Scope’s broader therapy network providing opportunities mentoring program and specialist supervision
- Your own resources including Desktop PC, iPhone and iPad for work use
- Informal and formal professional development opportunities
- Travel allowance or access to pool cars for community appointments
- You truly believe in our mission to enable each person we support to live as an equal and empowered citizen
- You are an experienced clinician and have relevant experience in disability and/or paediatric services
- You are available to work flexible hours and be prepared to schedule some of your 7.6 hour working days to meet the needs of our after-school therapy customers. Some of these appointments typically finish at 6:00pm
- You are committed to family and person-centered approaches, supporting inclusion and participation
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- You hold a current membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- You are eligible to hold a valid Medicare Provider Number
- You have the relevant experience as outlined in the Position Description
- You have a valid full driver’s licence and reliable access to your own car
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- Current Driver’s License and your own vehicle
- Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
- Practicing membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Check for 'Employment in Disability' (no more than twelve months old)
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review's Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
Please direct enquiries to Marie Byrne on 0457 763135 or email MByrne@scopeaust.org.au
By submitting a job application, prospective applicants are consenting to their details being checked against the Department of Health & Human Services, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme List.
If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend