Disability Support Worker
Job no: 496129
Work type: Casual
Location: Bulleen, Rosanna, Alphington, Bellfield, Brunswick West, Fairfield, Fitzroy North, Heidelberg Heights, Ivanhoe, Macleod, Meadow Heights, Northcote, Oak Park, Preston, Thornbury, Tullamarine, Glenroy, Coburg, Reservoir, Bundoora, Heidelberg West, South Morang
Categories: Support Worker
Scope's mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review's 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About The Role
We have positions available for Support Worker's with experience supporting challenging behaviours.
You will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. You will provide assistance with all aspects of daily living including meals, personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities. This is a hands-on role, suitable for active individuals who can perform manual handling duties where you will:
- Work a variety of shifts over a 14 day cycle including active night shifts (10pm to 6am), mornings (6am to 10am), afternoons (3pm to 10pm) including some weekend work and public holidays.
- Support Scope customers to live independently, reach their personal goals and sharing the odd joke!
- Create a positive environment for Scope Customers to live as an empowered and equal citizen. This could include outings, the odd trip to the movies, picnics in the park or footy and more!
- Be very hands on, so suits active people who can safely perform manual handling including bending, lifting and transferring clients (with appropriate aids as required) and which is the norm
- Provide support with all aspects of daily living, including domestic duties, washing, cleaning, cooking
- Provide full support with all aspects of personal care, including but not limited to assistance to use the toilet, showering and personal hygiene, bowel care, meal assistance, medication, medical appointments
To be successful in this role, our mission and Scope approach will resonate with you and inspire you. Through your work, personal life and own behaviours you will demonstrate the following:
- That you are available and have a commitment to working shifts across a 24/7 roster
- You have experience and/or education in supporting people with challenging behaviours
- You understand that consistency of roster and attendance enhances the services to clients who seek to work with staff they know and trust
- Our mission "to enable each person we support to live as an empowered and equal citizen" and our Scope approach resonates with you and inspires you
- You are committed to family and person centred approaches, supporting inclusion and participation
- You are resilient and have high emotional intelligence. You read situations and people well.
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- Satisfactory National Police Check for 'Employment in Disability' (no more than twelve months old
- International Police Check if you have lived or worked overseas for more than one (1) year within the last ten years
- Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
- Current Level 1 First Aid and CPR Certificate
- Current Driver's License (if applicable)
- Australian Residency Status or valid Australian Working Rights
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly team environment. You will also get the unique chance to work for a highly respected organisation that is seeing the biggest change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS.
If your application is shortlisted you MUST be available to attend a virtual interview if successful be available to attend 3 days of paid Pre-employment training via e-Learning and virtually.
By submitting a job application, prospective applicants are consenting to their details being checked against the Department of Health and Human Services Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme List.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend