Team Leader/ Senior Therapist – Early Years Services (0-7 years)
Job no: 495652
Work type: Full Time Fixed Term
Location: Glen Waverley
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About the role:
This is a maternity leave contract position commencing in late July to early August 2020.
- 12 month Maternity Leave contract
- Support delivery of best practice in line with The Scope Approach in Early Childhood Early Intervention Services (0-7 years)
- Implement organisational systems and processes which support the delivery of integrated services within the East division
- Monitor performance measures and coordinate collaborative changes in practice in line with the disability sector
- Provide supervision and support to staff and coordinate and actively participate in team clinical supervision programs
- Be a key liaison point for customers and stakeholders, ensuring that Scope's mission is embedded in practice
- Oversee the day to day operations of a team of multidisciplinary allied health practitioners
- Provide timely, appropriate and necessary information and reports to management
- Oversee the management and allocation of service requests and referrals within the team
- Undertake a clinical caseload to customers in your area of practice, leading the way in service delivery
- You truly believe in our mission to enable each person we support to live as an equal and empowered citizen
- You are able to demonstrate advanced professional knowledge in leadership, guidance and direction of staff
- You have experience in provision of supervision to individuals and groups
- You are committed to family and person centred approaches, strengths-based practices, and supporting inclusion and participation
- You have a minimum 5 years relevant clinical experience as an Occupational Therapist, Speech Pathologist, Psychologist or Physiotherapist
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
- Registered with AHPRA or for Speech Pathologists, you are a practicing member of Speech Pathology Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Check for 'Employment in Disability' (no more than twelve months old)
- Current Driver’s License and your own vehicle
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly team environment. You will also get the unique chance to work for a highly respected organisation that is seeing the biggest change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS.
Contact or to Apply
In order to be considered for this role application must include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Key Selection Criteria, including demonstrated examples
Please direct enquiries to Sivaraj Mahaindra at email email@example.com
By submitting a job application, prospective applicants are consenting to their details being checked against the Department of Health & Human Services, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme List.
If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now