Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About The Role
We currently provide intervention and therapy to clients with a wide range of diagnoses including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Global Developmental Delay, Cerebral Palsy and Intellectual Disability. We support our clients in the following areas:
- Paediatrics - Speech and Language assessments, play based therapy, specific speech / language intervention, social skills intervention, AAC, dysphagia assessment and management and key worker support
- Adults - Dysphagia assessment and management, AAC, functional communication skills
In this role you will:
- Deliver Early Childhood Early Intervention services to children 0 - 7, building on the family's strengths. Opportunity for group and individual therapy.
- Deliver goal directed therapy services to young people and adults who are experiencing learning, language, communication, sensory, intellectual, physical and cognitive difficulties
- Emphasize parent, teacher and carer education to nurture change and to support the person's community participation in a range of environments
- Collaborate with each person's support team to achieve their goals. Work with occupational therapists and other speech pathologists.
- Support customers and others to develop and review individual therapy and support plans, ensuring goals are meaningful, meet the needs of the individual and reflect their individual goals
- Training and support available
- Position based in San Remo
- You truly believe in our mission to enable each person we support to live as an equal and empowered citizen
- You are have relevant experience in paediatrics and / or adults
- You are committed to family and person centred approaches, strengths-based practices, and supporting inclusion and participation
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- Current Driver’s License and your own vehicle
- Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
- Practicing membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Check for 'Employment in Disability' (no more than twelve months old)
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly team environment. You will also get the unique chance to work for a highly respected organisation that is seeing the biggest change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS.
Please direct enquiries to Melissa Barnes at email@example.com or on 0448 324 122
By submitting a job application, prospective applicants are consenting to their details being checked against the Department of Health & Human Services, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme List.
If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.