Job no: 495190
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About The Role
Scope has an exciting and unique opportunity for a Coordinator – Supported Independent Living Traralgon to work within our Gippsland Division.
- Lead and manage a team of Disability support workers to provide a fully integrated customer service
- Meet the needs of the people we support to enable them to develop to their fullest potential
- Responsible for the development of good working relationships with the people we support, families/carers and staff within Scope
- Develop and review support plans
- Supervise, train and support staff in the delivery of the above plans
- Provide direct care for the people we support when required
- Supervise and oversee the implementation of Scope policies and procedures
- Develop and monitor the operational budget
- Responsible for ensuring that Scope complies with its legal requirements and strives for best practice in the provision of a safe workplace for all
- Sound knowledge and experience in a disability service or similar
- You will have demonstrated experience in the management and development of a team
- Have experience managing and communicating with a diverse group of staff
- Knowledge and understanding of Local Area Community Networks
- Preferably, have experience in financial management and budgetary principles
- The ability to network and negotiate
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging and purchased annual leave scheme. You will also get the unique chance to work in a sector that is seeing the biggest social reform since the introduction of Medicare.
Take your career on a journey with Scope and work proactively with us to achieve our mission!
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to hold a Working with Children Check and a Police Check issued in the last 12 months for employment in the Disability sector. If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required. By submitting a job application, prospective applicants are consenting to their details being checked against the Department of Health & Human Services, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme List.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now