Access Services Educator
Job no: 495157
Work type: Part Time Fixed Term
Categories: Communication & Inclusion Resource Centre (CIRC)
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About The Role
Scope has an exciting and unique opportunity for a Access Services Educator to work within our Scope's Communication & Inclusion Resource Centre.
- Deliver workshops to large groups as per customer requirements, in the areas of Disability Engagement and/or Communication Access
- Develop and maintain a customer portfolio; including preparation, development, workshop delivery, evaluation and follow-up
- Customise workshop presentations to meet customer requirements
- Supervision of students at Community Activities as part of the school-based programs
- Use customer feedback to reflect on effectiveness of workshops
- Contribute to ongoing development of training workshops and resources for school groups, corporate, government and community organisations
- Demonstrate a commitment to working in a professional environment and acting as a positive representative of Scope
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously as required
- Demonstrated time management and organisational skills
- Demonstrate a motivated, outgoing and positive attitude towards co-workers and the general public
- Ability to develop rapport with target audiences of people from a range of age groups
- Ability to embrace new initiatives as the CIRC Access Services Teams continue to evolve
- Ability to work flexibly to meet business requirements, including travel throughout Metropolitan Melbourne and Regional Victoria
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Submission of monthly reporting
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (desirable)
- Teaching or Allied Health background (desirable)
- Previous experience working with people with disabilities (desirable)
- Knowledge of common challenges experienced by people who live with a variety of disabilities
- Experience in the delivery of education and training programs, public speaking, facilitating groups or conducting clinics within schools and/or adult learning environments
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a challenging workload with effective time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to prioritise, delegate, provide and respond to constructive feedback
- A person who likes to be part of a team and is a team player
- A willingness to learn new skills and to share existing skills
- A person who demonstrates flexibility and uses initiative to creatively solve problems
- A demonstrated interest in working with people with a disability
- Demonstrated personal organisational skills
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging and purchased annual leave scheme. You will also get the unique chance to work in a sector that is seeing the biggest social reform since the introduction of Medicare.
Take your career on a journey with Scope and work proactively with us to achieve our mission!
Please direct enquiries to Kim Rudd on 0457 764 711 or email email@example.com
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to hold a Working with Children Check and a Police Check issued in the last 12 months for employment in the Disability sector. If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now