Occupational Therapist - San Remo
Job no: 494735
Work type: Full Time Permanent, Part Time Permanent
Location: San Remo
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About The Role
We currently provide intervention and therapy to clients with a wide range of diagnoses including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Global Developmental Delay, Cerebral Palsy and Intellectual Disability.
Full Time position (part time considered) based in San Remo, near Phillip Island.
We support our clients in the following areas:
- Paediatrics - Sensory processing, gross and fine motor skills, self-care skills, emotional regulation, assistive technology and key worker support
- Adults - Functional assessments, home assessments and modifications, independent living skill building and assistive technology assessment.
In this role you will:
- Deliver Early Childhood Early Intervention services to children 0 -7
- Deliver services to young people and adults who are experiencing learning, language, sensory, intellectual, physical and cognitive difficulties
- Provide services that build on people’s strengths and develop sustainable long term solutions
- Provide evidence based interventions
- Emphasize parent, teacher and carer education to nurture change
- Collaborate with a team of Speech Pathologists and Occupational Therapists to provide holistic care for customers
- You truly believe in our mission to enable each person we support to live as an equal and empowered citizen
- You are an experienced clinician and have relevant experience in disability and/or paediatric services
- You are committed to family and person centered approaches, strengths-based practices, and supporting inclusion and participation
- You have excellent communication and team skills
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- Current Driver’s License and your own vehicle
- Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
- Registered with AHPRA
- Satisfactory National Police Check for 'Employment in Disability' (no more than twelve months old)
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly team environment. You will also get the unique chance to work for a highly respected organisation that is seeing the biggest change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS.
Please direct enquiries to Melissa Barnes on 03 5623 1033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting a job application, prospective applicants are consenting to their details being checked against the Department of Health & Human Services, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme List.
If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now