Disability Support Worker - Lifestyle Options
Job no: 494669
Work type: Casual
Location: Parkdale, Carnegie, Chelsea
Categories: Support Worker
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About The Role
We currently have positions available based in residential services supporting adults with complex disabilities.
Previous experience working with people with behaviours of concern in residential and community settings is required.
Our metropolitan South Division Lifestyle Options centres are located in Chelsea, Parkdale and Carnegie. Hours of option are from 9am-3pm, five days a week. You must be available to work during school holidays.
In this role you will:
- Support people with complex disabilities to live independently to achieve their personal goals and work as a team
- Create a positive environment for Scope Customers
- Provide personal care work and support with domestic/household tasks including personal hygiene
- Manage and develop positive client relationships within a shared accommodation environment
- Support clients to engage with community events and be present within their community
About you professionally:
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated the following through your work and professional behaviours:
- Demonstrated specific experience working with behaviours of concern in residential/community settings (essential)
- A breadth and diverse background in supporting people to meet their personal goals, with a focus on supporting people with a physical and/or intellectual disability (essential)
- Have demonstrated resilience and grit within the workplace
- Ability to build and manage relationships and work within a team environment
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Must be available to work during school holidays
About you personally:
- Our mission “to enable each person we support to live as an empowered and equal citizen” and our Scope approach resonates with you and inspires you
- You are committed to family and person centred approaches, supporting inclusion and participation
- Have a driver's licence (and preferably access to a motor vehicle)
- Must be available across AM/PM, sleepover shifts and preferably have some weekend availability as well as attending team meetings which are scheduled and paid, during standard hours
- Are you a Therapy student looking for practical experience?
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- Satisfactory National Police Check for 'Employment in Disability' (no more than twelve months old)
- International Police Check if you have lived or worked overseas for more than one (1) year within the last ten years
- Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
- Current Level 1 First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Current Driver’s License
- Australian Residency Status or valid Australian Working Rights
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly team environment. You will also get the unique chance to work for a highly respected organisation that is seeing the biggest change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS.
If your application is shortlisted you MUST be available to attend a Group Assessment on Thursday 31 October 2019, and be available to attend 3 days of paid Pre-employment training from 25-27 November 2019.
By submitting a job application, prospective applicants are consenting to their details being checked against the Department of Health & Human Services, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme List.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now