Disability Support Worker
Job no: 494621
Work type: Casual
Categories: Support Worker
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About The Role
We currently have positions available based in Lifestyle Option services supporting adults with complex disabilities based in Warragul. In this role you will:
- Support people with complex disabilities to achieve their personal goals
- Work in a team environment
- Create a positive environment for Scope Customers
- Assist clients with their personal care / personal hygiene needs
- Support clients to engage with community events and be present within their community
- Position based in Warragul
About you professionally:
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated the following through your work and professional behaviours:
- Have demonstrated resilience within the workplace
- Ability to build and manage relationships and work within a team environment
- Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
About you personally:
Our mission is to enable each person we support to live as an empowered and equal citizen; and our Scope approach resonates with you and inspires you.
- You are committed to family and person centred approaches, supporting inclusion and participation
- Have a driver's licence (and access to a motor vehicle)
- Must be available to attend team meetings which are scheduled and paid, during standard lifestyle option hours 9.00-4.00pm
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- Satisfactory National Police Check for 'Employment in Disability' (no more than twelve months old)
- International Police Check if you have lived or worked overseas for more than one (1) year within the last ten years
- Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
- Current Level 1 First Aid & CPR Certificate
- Current Driver’s License
- Australian Residency Status or valid Australian Working Rights
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly team environment. You will also get the unique chance to work for a highly respected organisation that is seeing the biggest change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS.
If your application is shortlisted you MUST be available to attend a Group Assessment on Tuesday 22 October 2019, and be available to attend 3 days of paid Pre-employment training on 28 - 30 October 2019.
By submitting a job application, prospective applicants are consenting to their details being checked against the Department of Health & Human Services, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme List.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now