Job no: 494565
Work type: Part Time Permanent
Location: Glen Waverley
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
Scope has an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Speech Pathologist - Grade 2 to work within our Therapy Metro East team. The position is available effective July 2019.
About the Role:
- Provide Key Worker and Speech Pathology services as part of a Multidisciplinary Early Childhood Early Intervention team to children aged 0-7
- Provide Speech Pathology services to children in their Primary School years
- Deliver services in line with multidisciplinary, transdiciplinary and consultative models of practice
- Support childr en with complex communication needs to access a range of electronic and non-electronic Augmentative and Alternative communication tools
- Deliver services to customers whilst building on people’s strengths and developing sustainable long term solutions
- Liaise with customers, family members, funding bodies and other service providers to assist our clients to reach their individual outcomes and goals
- Support customers and others to develop and review individual learning plans, ensuring goals are meaningful, meet the needs of the individual and reflect their individual goals
- Provide informative and current information to customers around valuable services to maximise their ability to make informed choices
- Position based in Glen Waverley
- You truly believe in our mission to enable each person we support to live as an equal and empowered citizen
- You are committed to family and person centered approaches, supporting inclusion and participation
- You hold a current membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- You have a valid Medicare Provider Number
- You have excellent communication skills and the ability to work within a team environment
- You have the relevant experience as outlined in the Position Description
- You have a valid full drivers licence and access to your own car
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- Current Driver’s License and your own vehicle
- Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
- Registered with AHPRA or for Speech Pathologists, you are a practicing member of Speech Pathology Australia
- Satisfactory National Police Check for 'Employment in Disability' (no more than twelve months old)
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly team environment. You will also get the unique chance to work for a highly respected organisation that is seeing the biggest change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS.
Contact or to Apply:
All applications must include detailed responses with examples addressing the Key Selection Criteria outlined in the position description.
To enquire about the role please contact Samantha Alcorn (Early Years Services Team Leader) via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting a job application, prospective applicants are consenting to their details being checked against the Department of Health & Human Services, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme List.
If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now