PreSchool Field Officer
Job no: 494630
Work type: Full Time Permanent
Location: Seymour, Kialla, Benalla
Categories: Education & Training
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About The Role
- The Preschool Field Officer (PSFO) program is a locally responsive approach to providing kindergarten services with practical advice, support and professional services to enhance service capacity to provide for the access and participation of children with additional needs
- The PSFO’s role is to support early childhood teachers and educators to build their skills, knowledge and confidence to plan for and include all children
- Position can be based in Benalla, Shepparton or Seymour
- You truly believe in our mission to enable each person we support to live as an equal and empowered citizen
- You are an experienced Early Childhood Educator with demonstrated skills and understanding of what is required to deliver a high quality early childhood education program
- You have a practical and theoretical knowledge of both program planning and program delivery in a kindergarten setting
- You have an understanding of how to facilitate change and experience with capacity building strategies including collaboration, consultation and coaching
- You are committed to the principles and practices of inclusion, family centred and strength based approaches
- You have excellent communication and team skills
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
- Bachelor of Teaching (Early Childhood) or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years’ experience delivering a funded kindergarten program.
- Current Driver’s License and your own vehicle
- Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
- Satisfactory National Police Check for 'Employment in Disability' (no more than twelve months old)
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly team environment. You will also get the unique chance to work for a highly respected organisation that is seeing the biggest change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS.
Please direct enquiries to Sharon Fragomeni on 03 5762 7121 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
By submitting a job application, prospective applicants are consenting to their details being checked against the Department of Health & Human Services, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme List.
If you have lived or worked for a continuous period of 12 months or more in another country within the last 10 years, a certified International Police Check from that country or countries will also be required.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now