Disability Support Worker
Job no: 493488
Work type: Casual
Location: Footscray, Moonee Ponds, St.Albans, Maidstone, Keilor Downs, Sunshine, Melton
Categories: Support Worker
Scope’s mission is to enable each person to live as an empowered and equal citizen. We support people with physical, intellectual and multiple disabilities and developmental delays to achieve their goals. Across Victoria, Scope provides services to thousands of people with a disability in more than 100 service locations.
Scope is a registered provider under the NDIS and delivers a range of services including supported independent living, short term accommodation (respite), lifestyle options and therapy.
Scope was recently named on the Australian Financial Review’s 'Top 100 Most Innovative Companies' in Australia and New Zealand.
About The Role
As a Support Worker, you will deliver a variety of services to participants to support them to live a fulfilling and meaningful life in the community. You will provide assistance with all aspects of daily living including meals, personal care, domestic activities, social and community participation and varying skill development activities. This is a hands-on role based in the Western Suburbs, suitable for active individuals who can perform manual handling duties.
To be successful in this role, our mission and Scope approach will resonate with you and inspire you. Through your work, personal life and own behaviours you will demonstrate the following:
• Comfortable working with people with a range of disabilities
• Commitment to family and person centred approaches, supporting inclusion and participation
• Ability to build and manage friendly relationships within a team environment
• Critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills
• Ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Availability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week across multiple sites and shift types, including early morning (6.30am-9.30am), afternoon, evening, weekends, sleepovers and active nights
To be considered for this role, you must provide the following:
• Satisfactory National Police Check for 'Employment in Disability' (no more than twelve months old)
• International Police Check if you have lived or worked overseas for more than one (1) year within the last ten years
• Satisfactory Working With Children's Check (Employee)
• Current Level 1 First Aid & CPR Certificate
• Current Driver’s License
• Australian Residency Status or valid Australian Working Rights
Scope as an Employer
Successful candidates will enjoy a range of staff benefits including flexibility to suit your work-life balance, continuous development and training, competitive remuneration and salary packaging, purchased annual leave scheme and a locally based, friendly team environment. You will also get the unique chance to work for a highly respected organisation that is seeing the biggest change to the disability sector with the roll out of the NDIS.
If your application is shortlisted you MUST be available to attend a Group Assessment on Friday 3 May 2019, and be available to attend 3 days of paid Pre-employment training from 13th to 15th May 2019.
By submitting a job application, prospective applicants are consenting to their details being checked against the Department of Health & Human Services, Disability Worker Exclusion Scheme List.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now